Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Two Weeks' Notice

Would those who are grammatically inclined
please confirm that this movie title should read
"Two Weeks' Notice"?
Please consider this your "two weeks" notice that this blog will remain woefully unattended for the next two weeks.

I am in the middle of a very big transition: in just two weeks I will no longer be working as a grant writer for Plant With Purpose--the only post college job I've ever had. After I finish at Plant With Purpose, I will be preparing to move to Guatemala. (Lots to be excited about and try not to panic about.)

As my Bucket List at work nears the single digits, I have decided to take a blogging break to focus more time and energy on finishing well at Plant With Purpose. In addition to being an emotional mess, I also anticipate spending a considerable amount of extracurricular time happy houring with coworkers, compiling a Plant With Purpose Grant Writing Manifesto, and purging my desk of personal items such as my sling shot and bubbles, my trusty hammer, and the embarrassing Post-it note pledges I made to myself promising to finish XX proposal by 3 pm or that I will not check email until I finish writing the spring newsletter article.

These next two weeks will be good and hard and surreal. God has been building connections and giving me time to cultivate relationships that will allow me to do what I love to do in the country I would love to call home. I am excited for what's next, but it is going to be so tough to relinquish my role at Plant With Purpose and say goodbye to the coworkers that have become my family.

Over the next two weeks, if you find yourself checking back to the see if the blog is updated, please offer up a thought or a prayer for me as I finish my time at Plant With Purpose.

I would greatly appreciate prayers for focus, wisdom, and peace. Diligence, stamina, and grace. And for a sense of God's presence and even joy in these last days.

Thank you so much for your prayers and patience.

I'll see you back here in two weeks when I enter my temporary stint of "fun-employment" before moving to Guatemala. Also, check out the Plant With Purpose blog, where I will be sharing some reflections on my time there. 

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. I always thought the phrase was, two WEEK notice. As in, "I gave my two week notice, and now I'm preparing for fun-employment." If you say two weeks notice though, I'd definately use the apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yeah, two week notice makes sense, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I wrote that thoughtful blog post and somebody corrected my grammar at the bottom I'd be ticked. however; I know Aly and it is as if you've spoken her love language by correcting misplaced modifiers or apostrophies.

    ReplyDelete