Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Get Your Pentecost On

Happy Pentecost Sunday!

Today marks the day when the Holy Spirit descended on the early church.

Let's face it, on our own we're weak and selfish and needy. No matter where you fall on the charismatic spectrum, I think we could all use a little more Holy Spirit (or Kaboom as one man in my church likes to call it) in our lives.

If you want to experience more of the Holy Spirit, check out this 10-day Pentecost Challenge by Vineyard Pastor, Duke Tabor, in his post, How to Have a Personal Pentecost Sunday.

"Without the enabling and empowering of the Holy Spirit, we cannot accomplish the work in front of us."

I thank you, Spirit, for your power and direction. For speaking into our hearts and praying on our behalf when we're at a loss for words. I thank you for the lives I've seen changed and the lives you will change.

Come, Holy Spirit, come.

Amen

Photo credit: The Christian Post

1 comment: