Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Big Word Wednesday

I would like to take this Wednesday to initiate a new blog series: Big Word Wednesday.

And the big--and apropos--word of the day is...dun da da da....Septoplasty.

According to Wikipedia, "Septoplasty is a corrective surgical procedure done to straighten the nasal septum, the partition between the two nasal cavities."

The apropos part is that I had this surgery done yesterday. Basically, I got a nose job not for looks, but so that I will be able to breathe through my nose, perhaps alleviate chronic headaches, and finally be able take some much-yearned-after ujjayi* breaths through my nose during yoga class.

I tried to think of ways to relate this "delay of respiration" to storing up treasure in heaven in order to redeem this post for you, my dear readers, but I couldn't think of anything that didn't sound cheesy or trite or too much like I'm just trying to convince myself that all this pain will be worth it in the end.

Upon my recovery, I look forward to providing you with more insightful topics and big words that don't pertain to medical procedures.

Thank you.

*Ujjayi breathing is a technique used in many yoga practices where you breathe in and out of your nose with your lips sealed and make almost a low growl sound with your throat as you push the air out. Previously being incapable of sealing my lips for more than 30 seconds without passing out, this new procedure will greatly improve my yoga clout.

No comments:

Post a Comment